08 July 2010

The 4th of July was fun. The public was welcome on post for the Freedom Fest and fireworks. My brother and his family came over for a BBQ and we watched fireworks that night. Instead of getting stuck in the middle of the crowds, we found a newly cleared, grassy spot on the hill overlooking the track/fair area and were able to have an upclose view of the fireworks. We were the only ones there, besides a soldier and his little kids on the other side. Instead of getting caught in the traffic, it was a simple walk home. We actually hung up the flag outside our house earlier that day, where it stills waves proudly in the wind.

Soldiers are returning home. Alot of them. I don't think I'll even be able to drive my car on post- it's already so crowded and it's just going to be even more so as summer creeps on. I dont mind. It's my playground but more importantly, it's thier training ground.

9 comments:

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Long-time RN said...

Sounds like you had a nice holiday. Hope the summer holds more nice weekends for you and your family.

Miriam said...

That was very inspirational blog. thank you for writing that
please follow mine.

bill said...

Enjoy your blog and the reports on Ft. Lewis. Keep writing.

glock9 said...

Terrific blog Julie,what I like is the guys coming home,God bless
Rich

Jack Kung said...

Hi,how are you today?I have surfed your blog serveral times, your blog is great and having a lot of intresting things. If you have time, you can visit my blog and feel free to give me some comment, more important thing is being my follower! Thank you very much.

(My blog is share-how-why.blogspot.com)

Long-time RN said...

Thinking of you and your family today.