04 March 2011

March 4, 2011

Let's see...Pilot program, 1 year so far going through med board, at least four more months to go, possibly longer.

My husband isn't thrilled with how long this is taking but I see it as a chance to save some money. We are pretty sure it will be a medical retirement, though nothing is ever set in stone.  I could sit here and complain about alot of things pertaining to this whole mess, but I don't want to.

It gets harder for me to describe life on a military post. I'm so used to it I no longer know the difference between this world and the other.  I feel as though I have talked about everything over the last five or six years. I've seen it all.  Hmmm...I do see alot of soldiers who haven't deployed. I can tell from thier patches. At one time, not to long ago,  there was nothing but soldiers who had deployed around here. Now there are alot of  young faces of  infantry boys who haven't gone anywhere yet. I just want to pinch thier cute little cheeks and say, "Start praying now...cuz you're gonna need it."

3 comments:

Long-time RN said...

Hope you had a delightful Mother's Day.

Long-time RN said...

Stopping by to say hi.

julie anna said...

Thank you, Long-time RN, for being here this long and for leaving such kind comments. I don't know who you are, but thank you so much for caring.